Kathi and Co-host Erin MacPherson discuss their summer travel plans and how to travel clutter free. Both are taking big trips and need to pack lightly.
Kathi is taking a month sabbatical in celebration of her 50th birthday. She plans to spend 10 days at home and 20 days traveling with lots of R & R (Rest and Roger).
Erin is heading on a road trip with her husband, children, and parents in one SUV. They will be traveling to Florida and then up the eastern coast through Georgia, South Carolina, then across to the Great Smokey Mountains and then to Nashville and back home.
Clutter Free Tips
They discuss packing tips, using ebags (packing cubes), and how to find great places to stay that feel like home.
If just one or two people are traveling, Kathi recommends AirBnB.
If you have a family and need more room, Erin recommends VRBO. Both places give you the comforts of home (kitchen, laundry, mores space, etc.).
Listen in to learn how to plan your own clutter free travel.
Recorded on the road in a recent trip across the country, Kathi and Roger share there favorite travel tips. Traveling is usually stressful enough and the holidays really ramp up that stress level. Packing the right things and having the right tools can save a ton of headaches (and money!) Kathi and Roger Lipp discuss tips for everything from how many pairs of shoes you need to pack to what to stash in your carry-on to your tech travel needs.
As a couple traveling several times every month, they have the packing down to a science. Their tips are sure to help you as you pack for your next trip.
Kathi’s Best Tips
• Only pack two pairs of shoes (and wear one on the plane): Walking shoes, flats and heels. Plan all your clothes around those three pairs of shoes.
• All your clothes should go together and should be based around a color or two. My last trip everything was brown and turquoise. Everything “went” with everything else.
• Carry Woolite packets for quick loads of laundry in your hotel sink.
• If you have access to a washing machine, carry a few Tide Pods in a travel soap case.
• If you check a bag, throw a pair of underwear in your carry on. You can face anything (even lost luggage,) with a clean pair of underwear.
• A Contigo cup will keep your coffee warm, and keep you from spilling hot liquid all over yourself on the plane.
• Don’t buy travel sized items (the price per ounce is obscene.) Refill travel size bottles.
• Hoard the travel size toothpaste you get from your dentist. (And the ones your kids get.)
• If you forget something when you travel, ask the front desk of your hotel. They often have toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, etc.
• Carry long USB cords for inconvenient plugs in hotels.
• Carry a multi-USB plug for charging on the go.
• Buy snacks at your local grocery store instead of at the airport or hotels. The prices are a fraction at home.
• Bring lots of Ziploc bags.
Roger and Kathi mentioned many items that are must have’s when they travel. For more info on each, simply click. Links take you to Amazon.com and are affiliate links.
If we forgot any important travel tips or you have advice for packing and traveling, please leave your comments below so we can include them in a future podcast. Everyone that leaves a comment will be entered into a drawing for Kathi’s book, The Get Yourself Organized Project.
Get Out from Overwhelmed!
Kickstart to Clutter Free
You can be free from Clutter once and for all. Get the Kickstart to Clutter Free eCourse today.