So this is going to be a crazy week – followed by another crazy week. I need to spend some time cooking ahead so that the troops around here can eat. Trying to find recipes that will fill everyone up (three teenagers with the appetites roughly equivalent to those of professional football players) is a challenge, but this is one of Roger’s favorites- so maybe your guy will love it, too.
Plus, you can triple the recipe so while you’re busy blessing your husband in the coming weeks, you’ll also have the satisfaction of knowing dinner is ready and waiting in the freezer.
In San Jose, the weather is perfect for this warm soup – hope it warms you up wherever you are!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 can Tomato soup
1 can Chicken broth
4 cups Water
1 package Taco seasoning
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can Corn
1. Prepare: Cook and shred chicken breasts.
2. Assemble: Mix together tomato soup, chicken broth, water, taco seasoning, chicken and corn. Simmer for 20 minutes. Let cool and freeze in gallon storage bags.
3. Serve: Defrost soup in refrigerator overnight. Warm and serve with jack or cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, and sliced green onions.
We serve this with corn bread and vegetarian refried beans.
This Weekend’s Winners
Crystal from Fremont and Sherry from Campbell won the $10 Starbucks Card! Congrats!!!!
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- Eps: #292 The Clutter Free Emergency Prep Kit Part 2 - February 20, 2018
- What does Jesus Say About Our Stuff- You’re Invited - February 13, 2018
- Eps #291: The Clutter Free Emergency Prep Kit – Part 1 - February 13, 2018