We are still getting ready for whatever is going to be hitting in your area of your country this fall and winter. One of my bloggy BFFs, Stacy Cohen, is sharing some great info to get ready.
Just so you know, what I have been doing to get ready is making up my supply kit a little bit at a time. Each week I am going to the store and get a few more things at the same time I’m picking up prescriptions or buying groceries (to go along with the frozen meals.)
Here is what Stacy has to say:
In honor of National Preparedness Month, the Ad Council and FEMA are launching a new series of public service advertisements on behalf of the Ready Campaign. http://www.ready.gov/
The goal of the Ready Campaign is to get the public involved and ultimately to increase the level of basic preparedness across the nation. Ready is nationwide effort to encourage Americans to take simple steps to prepare for emergencies in their homes, businesses and schools.
The campaign asks individuals to:
(1) get an emergency supply kit
(2) make a family emergency plan
(3) be informed about the different types of emergencies that could occur and their appropriate responses
I thought you might be interested in sharing this important information with your readers. Here is an interactive widget you can embed on your blog that provides updates on emergency situations, emergency kit checklists, and preparedness guidelines: http://seed.sproutbuilder.com/vgA3Qu3yD0Rq3Krh
Your readers also might be interested in using this interactive emergency family plan tool: http://ready.adcouncil.org/beprepared/
Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional information. Thanks for your help in spreading this important message and encouraging your readers to be prepared!
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- Episode #305 How to get to an absolute Zero Inbox Once a Week & Live Guilt Free Every Single Day in the Process - May 22, 2018
- How to Declutter Your Home Fast: 3 Clarifying Questions You Must Ask - May 21, 2018
- Episode #304 Fling Your Bag – It’s the Clutter Free Way to Carry Everything you Need - May 15, 2018