Win today’s giveaway! Just tell us what you did (or are going to do!) for today’s Project by 7:00 PST on Monday and you will be entered into the drawing for today’s prize: The Frozen Gourmet
Move Over Rachel Ray
Cook Something for Your Husband
Make your husband something special in the kitchen (reservations don’t count).
Here are some of my favorite recipes that are easy, freezable, and beyond yummy:
1 pound Ground beef
¼ cup Chopped onion
16 oz. Penne pasta, par cooked and drained
6 cups Spaghetti sauce
6 slices Mozzarella cheese
½ cup Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare: Brown ground beef and onions together. Drain. Add spaghetti sauce. Combine sauce and cooked pasta; mix well.
2. Freeze: Spread pasta in 9×13 pan and cover with foil. Attach two freezer bags to pan, one with the Mozzarella cheese slices, one with grated Parmesan cheese. Freeze.
3. Serve: Thaw casserole and cheeses. Place Mozzarella cheese slices over casserole. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over casserole. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Remove the foil and bake for 5 more minutes.
(You can skip freezing and put it straight in the oven if you are serving this dish the same night you assemble it.)
1 lb. Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
1¼ cup Onion sliced
2 cups Mushrooms sliced
1 tsp Minced garlic
1-28 oz Can of crushed tomatoes in puree
2 Tbsp. Dried Parsley
1/4 tsp Pepper
2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Basil
1. Prepare: Cut chicken into cubes. Slice onions and mushrooms. Chop garlic.
2. Cooking: In a large skillet, sauté chicken in vegetable oil until no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken from skillet and sauté onions, mushrooms, and garlic until the onions are transparent. Add chicken and remaining ingredients except for Parmesan cheese. Simmer for 15 minutes. Allow sauce to cool.
3. Freeze: Freeze in a 13×9 pan.
4. Serve: Thaw sauce in the refrigerator overnight. Place the foil-covered pan in a 350° oven for 30 minutes to warm. Serve over pasta or mashed potatoes.
I make this marinade again and again – it is much better than any prepared marinade you can find in the store.
4 each Chicken legs and thighs (or use six chicken breasts)
½ cup Soy sauce
3 Tbsp Honey
1 tsp Grated, fresh ginger
1 clove Garlic, minced
2 Green onions, thinly sliced
1. Prepare: Place the chicken in a gallon plastic bag. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Pour the mixture over the chicken; fully coating each piece. Seal the bag.
2. Freeze: Place your bag in another gallon bag and lay flat in the freezer.
3. Serve: Defrost the chicken. Pour off marinade and bake chicken in a pan at 350° for 30- 40 minutes (or until no longer pink in the center).
Prayer for Today
Dear God, I pray that my husband knows my love for him by my efforts, not just the Your Results.
· Make one night a week your husband’s favorite food night. Maybe Friday is the best night to do the steaks on the grill or burgers on the George Foreman Grill.
· My husband loves it when I cook breakfast for dinner. Pancakes anyone?
· One of our most successful dinners ever consisted entirely of “bar food”; buffalo chicken wings, potato skins, nachos and quesadillas. Yum.
Okay, this one is good for Jeff and me. I love really, really healthy dinners. Jeff loves steak and potatoes, steak and potatoes. I would be happy to only have steak once a month! And it would have to be an expensive one at that. I do find that Jeff brightens up and is more appreciative of my cooking and efforts when the meal falls in the category of foods he enjoys.
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- Eps: #292 The Clutter Free Emergency Prep Kit Part 2 - February 20, 2018
- What does Jesus Say About Our Stuff- You’re Invited - February 13, 2018
- Eps #291: The Clutter Free Emergency Prep Kit – Part 1 - February 13, 2018