First, we have fellow Harvest House author Hillary Lodge with a great fiction read. Plain Jayne is the story of a journalist who has lost her edge (um, there are many days I can relate to Jayne life just with that one little fact,) and so to regain some perspective she goes to live in an Amish community for three weeks. I love Hillary’s straightforward writing and her meshing of two worlds. To find out if your as big a fan as I am, check out the first chapter here.
Karen Porter is a national retreat and seminar speaker, the author/co-author of six books, and a successful businesswoman. You can check out her website at karenporter.com
Karen says her marriage to George is her greatest achievement. Karen’s favorite activity is continuing her life-long quest for the perfect purse.
Karen’s book is I’ll Bring the Chocolate: Satisfying a Woman’s Craving for Friendship and Faith. About her book: Stimulating. Satisfying. Tantilizing. Delicious. Chocolate is that sweet “something extra” that infuses anything ordinary with delectable flavor and zest. In the same way, loving friendships can sweeten a woman’s life and make almost any situation — good or bad — taste even better. Blending true stories and several original choclate recipes with rich biblical examples, Karen Porter explores eight ways that friends can help one another enjoy life — and point each other to the God who made every good and perfect gift — especially chocolate!
So you have multiple chances to win today.
- To win Plain Jayne, leave a comment below telling me in 25 words or less why you need some me time with a good book.
2. To win I’ll Bring the Chocolate, leave a comment about why you need some good girlfriend time this month (oh – and your favorite kind of chocolate!)
3. For three more chances to win Karen’s book, read my newsletter and follow the instructions to win.
4. All entries for the blog giveaway must be posted here by Friday at 8:00 PM – winners will be announced next Tuesday.
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- How to Win at the Shame Game and Lose the Clutter - March 21, 2018
- Eps #296: How to have a cute, cozy home and be Clutter Free at the Same Time with KariAnne Wood - March 20, 2018
- The Clutter Free Book Club Presents… Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life…And Maybe the World - March 15, 2018