WARNING: If you are going to tell me about your latest diet and how I should be following your rice-free goat cheese-enhances food plan just stop your skinny rear end right here. I mean it. You will be in the same category as people who tell me that I should throw out my TV or that I’m harming my kids (who BTW are all over 18) by letting them read non-Christian fiction. I haven’t had a decent treat in three days and I’m in no mood for such silliness. You have been warned.
I got myself back to the big WW. (All you girls above a size 6 know what I’m talking about.) And let’s just say I’m not loving it.
I just saw a whole news item about how “Dieting Doesn’t Work”, right next to another article about how if I don’t lose 10% of my body weight RIGHT NOW I should just resign myself to being an invalid by the time I’m 45.
What is an overweight girl to do?
I have tried so many times. I have lost tons of weight, gained tons of weight, and generally been miserable about it all the time. And I have to say, I’m getting tired.
- I’m tired of people who have never struggled with their weight making it seem like those of us who struggle with their weight are fat just to annoy them.
- I’m tired of Jay Leno and his fat jokes.
- I’m tired of only seeing perfect people on TV unless it’s the first six episodes of The Biggest Loser.
- I’m tired of being told “Diets Don’t Work” and then being shamed because I am having a very hard time making a diet work.
I bet some of you are tired too.
I am trying to pray a lot about this. I am praying until God’s truth becomes a reality for me:
1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.
So, I’m asking you, my cybery friends – would you pray for me?
Would you pray for me, just today, that I would believed those verses and be transformed by them?
And friend, I would love to do the same for you. You can either leave the prayer in the comments, or e-mail me at kathi at kathilipp.com (I write it like that so spammers won’t grab my address. You know what it really is :)) I would be honored to pray for you.
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- How to Make Routines Work for You - August 10, 2017
- When Cheap Costs - August 7, 2017
- Clutter Free: Seven Steps for Just Getting Started - July 27, 2017