There are so many cool things about my fellow author Arlene Pellicane…
- She is a Harvest House author
- She was featured on HGTV for a bedroom makeover for her son (I didn’t know real people actually got on HGTV…)
- She’s smart, funny, and adorable
Oh – and she has this amazing, real life for real women book
Book: 31 Days to a Younger You: No Surgery, No Diets, No Kidding (Harvest House)
Here’s all about it:
In the next 31 days, how would you like to:
• Be thinner and more attractive
• Wake up with excitement for life
• Have more energy to do what you want
• Update your wardrobe without looking like you’re trying too hard
• Improve your relationship with your spouse, children, family, and friends
• Master daily habits that improve the quantity and quality of your days
I was at SeaWorld with my children and I had to laugh at something my daughter Noelle did when she was two in the bathroom. As we were leaving, she stopped right in front of the full length mirror. Looking at herself intently from head to toe, she exclaimed with attitude, “Good!” Not sure of what I heard, I asked her, “Noelle, did you just say that you look good?” With a broad smile on her face, she said “Yes!”
What a crack up! I’m glad my 2-year-old has a positive self image! I wondered if the women I knew could say the same thing. Friend, when you look in a full length mirror and see yourself from head to toe, do you think “good”? Looking and feeling younger is about accepting your appearance, embracing your God given age, and doing your best to improve your assets. After all, when the Heavenly Father looks at you, His daughter, He proclaims “Good!”
So the next time you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror, don’t forget to smile. You are a luminous work in progress. Beauty has no age limit or expiration date.
An energetic speaker and author, Arlene Pellicane has been featured on The Hour of Power, The 700 Club, and Turning Point with Dr. David Jeremiah. Her book, 31 Days to a Younger You: No Surgery, No Diets, No Kidding helps women become more beautiful from the inside out.
To win, all you have to do is leave a comment about some way you want to be a healthier you in the next 31 days. Me? I’m doing pilates for a minimum of 10 minutes a day (doesn’t seem like much? That’s five more hours of pilates than I was doing two months ago…)
Leave your comment below and Friday I’ll announce the winner!
OH – and check out her very cool site here.
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- Get Out from Overwhelmed – Join Us for the Least Overwhelming Study Ever - May 26, 2017
- Who is Setting Your Priorities? - May 22, 2017
- Cultivating Peace: Enjoy the Milestone Events and Don’t Let Stress Rob the Joy - May 18, 2017