I have talked to so many women who would love to make a dinner plan, but have run out of ideas for dinner. If you are in that boat, here are some simple ideas to fill out your weekly menu.
Grown Up Grilled Cheese
Forget the white bread and processed cheese food. Try some gouda on whole wheat or garlic Havarti on sourdough. If you are watching calories you can split the sandwich and pair it with Trader Joe’s Roasted Tomato Soup and a small salad. Yum!
Simple recipe, delicious results. Serve with some grilled veggies and brown rice.
1 tsp. thyme leaves
½ tsp. pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 c. lemon juice, fresh squeezed
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Mix all ingredients except chicken breasts together. Pour over chicken breasts in a one-gallon bag to marinade.
Drain marinade. Place chicken breasts in a pan sprayed with light cooking oil. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes.
½ c. prepared pesto
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 slices mozzarella cheese
Pour pesto over chicken breasts in a one-gallon bag. Let marinade.
Drain marinade. Place chicken breasts in a pan sprayed with light cooking oil. Place one slice of mozzarella cheese on each chicken breast.
Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes.
Spaghetti and Marinara with Veggies
Health-up your pasta with the addition of some veggies lightly sautéed in cooking spray with a few herbs. Delicious and it bulks up
what can otherwise be a thin meal. For some extra protien, heat up a few frozen turkey meatballs.
Chicken Cesar Pita
Prep 10 Minutes
Start to Finish 10 Minutes
1 Cesar Salad Kit from the Produce Section of the Grocery Store
1 package pre-cooked chicken cut into cubes
- Cut pitas in half and open up pitas. Put pita haves in the toaster. Toast the pitas and let cool.
- Meanwhile, mix together the ingredients from the salad kit (except for the croutons) with the chicken
- Stuff the toasted pita with chicken Cesar salad mix.
- Garnish with whatever extra goodies (tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.)
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- The Clutter Free Book Club Presents… Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life…And Maybe the World - March 15, 2018
- Guilt Never Fits - March 14, 2018
- Episode #295: The Top 5 Ways to Declutter Your Kitchen - March 13, 2018