Is it really possible to feed a family of six and have fun, all for fifteen dollars? I dare you to find out!
We found many benefits of trying to pack as much fun in with the least amount of money:
* Not only did Family Fun Night give us an opportunity to spend time together, it forced out kids to plan, budget, and take other people’s likes and dislikes into consideration.
*We found that when giving the kids the chance to plan and prepare, it helped them to enjoy the event a whole lot better.
* Having a limited budget has a special magical quality. There was no resorting to dinner out followed by a favorite movie at the theater. We found that we had to be creative.
And here are a few of those creative ideas:
Dollar Date Night – Have Costco hot dogs and then head to your town’s local dollar theater.
Karaoke Night – Borrow a karaoke machine or use your Wii, and make it an American Idol style night (but with only adoring fans – No Simon Cowell slams). Pair it with a Sushi dinner. For those less adventurous, their sushi can be made from cooked chicken, ham, or cheese on top of rice.
Airplane Food – Have a paper airplane competition. Set up a finish line and see whose plane gets the farthest. For dinner, have little packages of food ( cheese and crackers, carrots and ranch dressing as “airplane food.”
I know there are creative ladies (and men) out there. What is a cheap, but creative thing you do to spend time with your kids?
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.
Latest posts by kathilipp (see all)
- Love Intentionally: Celebrating Romance All Year Long - February 17, 2017
- Love Intentionally: Stop Talking Bad About Our Husbands - February 16, 2017
- Love Intentionally When Your Husband is Overwhelmed - February 15, 2017