So often, when money is tight, nerves are strained, and everyone is just so tired, it’s easy to wait for your husband to make the first move. But sometimes, we have to lay down our right to be right.
Sometimes, we need to look at not just the situation, but the relationship, and see what the right thing is to do. Usually, when one of us lays down our “right to be right” great things can happen in our relationships.
So pick one. I’m not asking you to lie. There is ONE on this list that you can say to your husband- fighting or now – and it will soften the hard lines that can develop between the two of you.
If you’re really in a tough spot, try texting it to him. It’s amazing what a well timed text can do for your relationship.
- “What do you need from me right now?”
- “How can I help you take some of the burden off today?”
- “I’m sorry.”
- “Thank you for_____________”
- “I’m proud of you because________________”
- “Our kids are lucky to have a dad like you.”
- “Please forgive me.”
- “I love you because___________”
- “I’m going to make more of an effort to____________”
- Thank you for being someone I can respect.
Tell me in the comments which one you said to your husband, or suggest one of your own. One random commenter will will a copy of Praying God’s Word for Your Husband.
Last week’s winner was Danielle!
She and her husband Roger are the parents of four young adults in San Jose, CA. When she’s not dating her husband or hanging out with her puggle Jake, Kathi is speaking at retreats, conferences and women’s events across the US.